Great american photo contest scam someone needs to sue!

hello!my name is iqunelda white.

i am a new proud parent of a now 7 month old baby girl! in October of 2009 i was contacted by a company called The Great American Photo Contest threw email telling me to submit my baby's picture to there site for a chance to win 2,500$ they said that a new winner is chosen ever single month. of course i was going to enter her times were hard and my child is very beautiful. so finally i entered her and not even two hours later i get an email from them saying the judges think my daughter has what it takes to be the winner of a 25,000 life saving bond.

but there's a catch you also have to pay 20$. i paid the money thinking that they really thought she could go all the way only to find out that that's what they tell everyone to get the 20 bucks. i should have known something was off there but they called me and asked me to purchase a book called most beautiful babies in America. so when i got the call from "marry" i told her i wasn't sure and that i would have to speak to my partner before i could continue the transaction.

she told me to just give her my account information and she would hold it until i could call her back and give her an answer. a flat out yes or a no! when i check my account history i see that she instantly took the money. when i saw that i called and i swear to you it was the same voice claiming to be Mary but when she answered she said her name was Hellene or something like that.

so i asked to speak with Mary and she puts the phone down and when she returns its the same lady with the same voice claiming to be this "marry" lady. i asked her why she took money from my account and she assured me that i told her to go ahead. after that i was overdrawn by 205.00$ i asked to be refunded and they i couldn't receive anything until my book was sent to me and i returned it. my account is now closed.

finally i received the book. months later after i had threatened to sue them for fraud i got it the very next day. the book is sloppy and is not worth 81.95 my daughters picture is small and her bio wasn't even posted in there witch they charged me 10 extra to do. also back to this 25,ooo contest when i asked to be refunded they told me it was too late she was already entered but after i had paid the money i still was receiving emails asking me to enter her into the same contest that i had already paid for please do not enter your child in this scam because you will wind up hurt someone need to shut them down and sue them!

it might as well be me!its nothing but spam emails and advertisement they sell your email and that eventually leads to you shutting it down and making a new one!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 63 Yes 63 6 No 6
Had the same issue 17 Yes 17
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 19, 2015 #1050495

iqunelda?? A classic example of why people laugh that the goofy names black dream up for their kids.

4 5 Reply

Sep 24, 2015 #1038719

Hi Iqunelda,
Please post the phone number that they called you from.
I received a phone call from someone named Josh Gillan, who says he is the CEO & that our son won the $25,000 Bond, but we are trying to figure out if it's legit, since we have not received any prize yet which he promised that we would be getting.

0 2 Reply

Aug 27, 2015 #1025935

What an adorable little girl, I hope you both are doing well.

6 2 Reply
Smh wow

Apr 06, 2015 #968472

How about next time you have some common sense!! Also just because you're in a rough spot financially does not mean you should exploit your children's looks in the hopes of winning some fantasy prize. How irresponsible. I hope for the sake of your child you have gotten some brains since this happened to you, lord knows what kind of dumb **** is being exposed to your kid due to negligence like this.

7 6 Reply
Tough love

Apr 06, 2015 #968466 Michigan, United States

Why would you be refunded for a CONTEST? That's a gamble and no guarantee you'd win. You knew you might not have won in the first place. As for you buying the book, you had the choice to say NO! you weren't forced to give your account information to this company, you did it willingly. Why give that information if you didn't expect to get charged? Do you go into Pizza Hut and give them your credit card then leave without eating? No? You don't give your bank account info to any random company when you know you don't plan on buying anything? So why would you do it this time? Of course I don't agree with the company, if your story is accurate they may have pressured you into getting book but by the sounds of it... You gave information willingly, payed to enter the contest willingly and made the book purchased willingly. You're a grown woman that could have avoided this. Hopefully you learn to not WILLINGLY spend money/ give bank info out if you don't actually want the products/services. Talk about buyers remorse.

10 5 Reply

Jul 28, 2015 #1013132

U people are really being rude to her get a life she has a beautiful baby n got conned into something I mean when u hear ur kid wins the happiness u feel is unreal if it was a real contest it would be ok but if it's a scam then that sucks take it easy on her really put itself in her shoes

6 4 Reply

Feb 15, 2015 #945949

How duummb do you have to be to believe some stranger over the phone, "Just give me your account information." Consider this your harsh lesson in reality and learn how to wise-up.

9 8 Reply

Mar 15, 2015 #958692 San Diego, California

What a numbskull u have numbskull! DERRRR. Have some class would ya

5 7 Reply

Jan 28, 2015 #937502

You have a beautiful baby...sorry you were ripped off. Not uncommon unfortunately.

8 1 Reply

Dec 20, 2014 #918799

Not everyone has the advantage of a great education, and intellectually we're all different. Whereas the person making these cruel comments, has no class or compassion. They are the ones who need to be taught to be accepting of everyone.

13 7 Reply

Mar 15, 2015 #958693 San Diego, California

I concur Jojo. It is rather easy to distinguish those with class and those with zero. Bobo.

6 2 Reply

Dec 04, 2014 #910610 Fayetteville, North Carolina

Ms. White,
Where did you go to school? I really want to know so that I don't send my child there. Your teacher did an injustice to you by not teaching you how to spell.

7 13 Reply

Dec 09, 2014 #913508

Which word(s) did she spell wrong?

5 5 Reply

Feb 14, 2015 #945690

Its an Obamanation!

4 4 Reply

Mar 15, 2015 #958696 San Diego, California

Sandi, yo Momma did u an injustice by teaching you how to be an ignorant sack of nonsense with no class. Peace out. Bobo

7 5 Reply

Dec 13, 2012 #581781 Madison, Wisconsin

PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERS CUP COLOR AWARDS IS A SCAM BEWARE! I entered their contest and noticed on their website that the contest results were December 8th. Upon coming onto the website on December 8th, the results date had moved to an "online photoshow" on February 16th. I tried to login to my account, BUT IT WAS REMOVED BY THEM. Yes, they deleted my account. I have sent numerous emails to get a full refund of my account, which happens to be $135.00. Turns out, they do not respond to my emails now that I want a full refund. BOTH OF THEIR PHONE NUMBERS DO NOT WORK. The first one is constantly busy: 866-577-9892. The second one goes straight to voice mail ALL DAY LONG, even during their business hours: 1-310-499-5806. DON’T MAKE THE MISTAKE OF ENTERING THEIR CONTEST. This will take your money, and you will be left with nothing. I now have an attorney and we are working on bringing down this operation. Please beware. Slime scams like this prey off rising talent. Again, AVOID PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERS CUP COLOR AWARDS AT ALL COSTS. Their jury is also a scam. I contacted the parties that they list as their jury on their website and they told me that they were not a part of such a contest. YES, THEY NOTIFIED ME THAT THEY HAD NEVER HEARD OF PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERS CUP OR THE COLOR AWARDS. I’m just a pro photographer trying to look out for my fellow photographers. Please do your best to avoid these scammers. Have a great day everyone.

10 1 Reply

Oct 29, 2012 #561749

These people need to be reported rather than just complain. They are obviously scam artists and we've all been had!

9 1 Reply

Sep 04, 2012 #537899

So, is there actually a book called most beautiful babies in America? Supposedly my daughter is in the 2010 edition. When I received a call back in 2010 informing me that my daughter was being published in the book & trying to get me to purchase it the first question I had was don't you need my authorization? Yes I entered her in a photo contest but I had never given any authorization to be in this book. Than I questioned why I had to pay, should try be gifting it or paying the children. Isn't it considered a modeling job, most models get paid or something. I said I wasn't interested and would be glad to purchase the book if I see it on the shelf of a bookstore. Is there a book does anyone have the 10th edition? Please let me know I'd like someone to check if my daughter is in it.

8 1 Reply

Apr 09, 2015 #969692 Holland, Michigan

I had the same issue !!! I don't understand how they get away with it but they do. I told them that if the book was really real I would find it at Barnes and noble. But guess what.....they never heard of it at all !! This was back in every year till 2010 I went to Barnes and noble to see if any came out even asking them to look the book up and it doesn't exist. They should pay me to have my child in a book they are making money with.

2 0 Reply

1-20 of 47 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Great American Photo Contest. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Great American Photo Contest.
Filing a new complaint about