Great american photo contest scam someone needs to sue!
hello!my name is iqunelda white.
i am a new proud parent of a now 7 month old baby girl! in October of 2009 i was contacted by a company called The Great American Photo Contest threw email telling me to submit my baby's picture to there site for a chance to win 2,500$ they said that a new winner is chosen ever single month. of course i was going to enter her times were hard and my child is very beautiful. so finally i entered her and not even two hours later i get an email from them saying the judges think my daughter has what it takes to be the winner of a 25,000 life saving bond.
but there's a catch you also have to pay 20$. i paid the money thinking that they really thought she could go all the way only to find out that that's what they tell everyone to get the 20 bucks. i should have known something was off there but they called me and asked me to purchase a book called most beautiful babies in America. so when i got the call from "marry" i told her i wasn't sure and that i would have to speak to my partner before i could continue the transaction.
she told me to just give her my account information and she would hold it until i could call her back and give her an answer. a flat out yes or a no! when i check my account history i see that she instantly took the money. when i saw that i called and i swear to you it was the same voice claiming to be Mary but when she answered she said her name was Hellene or something like that.
so i asked to speak with Mary and she puts the phone down and when she returns its the same lady with the same voice claiming to be this "marry" lady. i asked her why she took money from my account and she assured me that i told her to go ahead. after that i was overdrawn by 205.00$ i asked to be refunded and they i couldn't receive anything until my book was sent to me and i returned it. my account is now closed.
finally i received the book. months later after i had threatened to sue them for fraud i got it the very next day. the book is sloppy and is not worth 81.95 my daughters picture is small and her bio wasn't even posted in there witch they charged me 10 extra to do. also back to this 25,ooo contest when i asked to be refunded they told me it was too late she was already entered but after i had paid the money i still was receiving emails asking me to enter her into the same contest that i had already paid for please do not enter your child in this scam because you will wind up hurt someone need to shut them down and sue them!
it might as well be me!its nothing but spam emails and advertisement they sell your email and that eventually leads to you shutting it down and making a new one!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Photo Contest
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "First off, made an appointment and ended up waiting over an hour after appointment time to actually get pictures taken. With 2 small kids, that made it a horrible nightmare..."
- "We used to order prints from @Winkflash. #NeverAgain. They defaced a pic of my daughter months ago & won't even respond to emails requesting a reprint. If reports are true they..."
- "My hubs, our 10mo old daughter & I went to have professional pics done for 1st time, & chose PI b/c of a coupon for $12.99. The photographer & another lady..."
- "So, like many Americans, I took part in Black Friday. While stocking up on various items, I went to the skinstore.com to get some face lotion (Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion)..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "I had a blackberry to be delivered to me coming from Canada and Yes, a signature was required, however, it was supposed to be my signature and I did Not..."
- "I would like to join you in a class action against FAHW. The reason being is that they are falsely advertising what they say they cover. I closed on my house..."
- "Tainted Pageant I would like to share with all of you my story. You can say I am a beauty pageant aficionado. I have been to countless beauty contest, from small..."