Great american photo contest scam someone needs to sue!
hello!my name is iqunelda white.
i am a new proud parent of a now 7 month old baby girl! in October of 2009 i was contacted by a company called The Great American Photo Contest threw email telling me to submit my baby's picture to there site for a chance to win 2,500$ they said that a new winner is chosen ever single month. of course i was going to enter her times were hard and my child is very beautiful. so finally i entered her and not even two hours later i get an email from them saying the judges think my daughter has what it takes to be the winner of a 25,000 life saving bond.
but there's a catch you also have to pay 20$. i paid the money thinking that they really thought she could go all the way only to find out that that's what they tell everyone to get the 20 bucks. i should have known something was off there but they called me and asked me to purchase a book called most beautiful babies in America. so when i got the call from "marry" i told her i wasn't sure and that i would have to speak to my partner before i could continue the transaction.
she told me to just give her my account information and she would hold it until i could call her back and give her an answer. a flat out yes or a no! when i check my account history i see that she instantly took the money. when i saw that i called and i swear to you it was the same voice claiming to be Mary but when she answered she said her name was Hellene or something like that.
so i asked to speak with Mary and she puts the phone down and when she returns its the same lady with the same voice claiming to be this "marry" lady. i asked her why she took money from my account and she assured me that i told her to go ahead. after that i was overdrawn by 205.00$ i asked to be refunded and they i couldn't receive anything until my book was sent to me and i returned it. my account is now closed.
finally i received the book. months later after i had threatened to sue them for fraud i got it the very next day. the book is sloppy and is not worth 81.95 my daughters picture is small and her bio wasn't even posted in there witch they charged me 10 extra to do. also back to this 25,ooo contest when i asked to be refunded they told me it was too late she was already entered but after i had paid the money i still was receiving emails asking me to enter her into the same contest that i had already paid for please do not enter your child in this scam because you will wind up hurt someone need to shut them down and sue them!
it might as well be me!its nothing but spam emails and advertisement they sell your email and that eventually leads to you shutting it down and making a new one!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Photo Contest
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This "person" has never been a client of the business they reviewed. For starters, they claim to be in California, and the business is in MN. Secondly, Mark..."
- "Michael Davidoff production 200 Harris drive .st.Highlands NC 28741 828-482-0555 828-482-2123 Please note that this posting was not posted to slander this person,but to tell my bad experience photographing the most..."
- "We booked Raphael Rachman for a private photography session on the beach during our Christmas vacation to Naples, Florida after seeing a Groupon advertisement. He arrived at the location and..."
- "My wife is a flight attendant of a major US Airline, so we travel to France and other countries often on vacation. When we return a rental car, in..."
- "Automobile Club Of Southern California is a Fraud! Do Not Do Business With Them! I did sign up for their Services, however, since I did Not need their Services after all since..."
- "Stove Range Model #FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe's December 2005. Used the broiler for the very first time on May 9, 2010 and the stove caught on fire - insulation..."
- "my break time po ba guadalupe branch? akala ko po 24hrs? ang explain ng guard ngayon lang na cut off resume daw ng 12:30Am pero andun nmn ang teller sa..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."